Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quotes on friendship

Don't ever dare to take your college as a matter of course - because, like democracy and freedom, many people you'll never know have broken their hearts to get it for you.
Alice Duer Miller

Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends.
Shirley MacLaine

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
Mencius

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C. S. Lewis

Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness.
Dag Hammarskjold

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
Muhammad Ali

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.
Katherine Mansfield

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment